Die US-Sängerin Jill Sobule probiert gerade neue Wege zur Finanzierung ihres kommenden Albums aus. Sie plant eine Art Mäzen-Finanzierung, um auf mindestens 75.000$ zu kommen. Zu dem Zweck bietet sie auf ihrer Webseite verschiedene finanzielle Beteiligungsmöglichkeiten an:
* $25 – Polished Rock Level: An advance copy of the CD. Weeks before the masses.
* $50 – Pewter Level: An advance copy and a „Thank You“ on the CD.
* $100 – Copper Level: All the above, plus a T-shirt saying you’re a junior executive producer on the album.
* $200 – Bronze Level: Free admission to my shows for 2008.
* $250 – Silver Level: All the above, plus a membership to the „Secret Society Producer’s Club,“ which means you’ll get a secret password to a website where I’ll post some rough tracks, or… something worthwhile.
* $500 – Gold Level: This is where it gets good! At the end of my CD, I’ll do a fun instrumental track where I’ll mention your name and maybe rhyme with it. And if you don’t want your name used, you can give me a loved one’s instead. What a great gift!
* $750 – Gold Doubloons Level: Exactly like the gold level, but you give me more money.
* $1,000 – Platinum Level: How would you like to have a theme song written for you? I’ll have a song you can put on your answering machine and show off. Again, this could be a gift.
* $2,500 – Emerald Level: Mentioned as an executive producer of the album — whoop-di-doo!
* $5,000 — Diamond Level: I will come and do a house concert for you. Invite your friends, serve some drinks, bring me out and I sing. Actually, this level is a smart choice economically. I’ve played many house concerts where the host has charged his guests and made his money back. I’d go for this if I were you.
* $10,000 – Weapons-Grade Plutonium Level: You get to come and sing on my CD. Don’t worry if you can’t sing – we can fix that on our end. Also, you can always play the cowbell.
Bisher hat sie 18.000 $ zusammen. Dann wünsch ich mal viel Erfolg, die letzten Alben waren alle sehr nett und hörbar.