Die britische Open Rights Group hat eine Kampagne gegen die Verlängerung der Urheberrechtsschutzfristen gestartet: Release The Music.
Term extension would:
* Starve the public domain, stopping people from reusing, remixing and mashing up old recordings
* Stop performers and composers from re-releasing their own public domain out-of-print works
* Stop businesses from conserving and re-releasing old material
* Give the major labels more power over our musical culture
* Stifle innovation in the distribution of recorded music
We believe that any extension to the term of copyright protection for sound recordings would be highly damaging to artists and the public good. We hereby request that you publicly reject all demands from all parties for any extension, retrospective or prospective, to the term of copyright protection for sound recordings.